So we finally got around to visiting the Tower in Taipei. It is officially the 2nd largest Skyscraper in the World. It has 101 stories and is the highlight of the Taipei skyline. It looks really huge in comparison to the rest of the city. I guess that has to do with its surrounding structures being so small. Anyway, we went at night and had a really fun time seeing all of the city lights and crazy views.
It is built to look like a piece of bamboo with multiple layers, which look really cool when they are outlined with lights at night. If you wanted to know. These blue lights in the first picture can change to whatever color at random, which is pretty sweet when it takes you by suprise.
So we got up the tower by way of the world's Fastest elevator. That is 85 stories ( 5th - 89th which is the observation deck) in 35 seconds. It was pretty sweet and made my ears pop multiple times.
So we got to the top and saw these amazing views of the city. Even though it was pitch black outside, we could still see for miles because to the size of the city.
Sidenote: Taipei is huge!! Plus it is the cleanest city I have ever been in (I've been in quite a few). I really don't think I even register how huge it is; around 7 million.
Sidenote: During our tour around the city earlier in the day, we had a chance to go to a sports complex, which caters to the dense city population. Randomly we found this really fun rock wall about 6 stories tall, and I got a free climb out of it.
Interesting facts, hope your having a great time!
ReplyDelete