As usual the plane trip went very well. For some unknown reason I really like airports and flying across the globe. This might seem like a no brainer, but you see I am a
tall fella and, you may not know this, but the seats on a plane are
very small. This is not a good combination. But, for me I like it all the same. I find the trade off between comfort and adventure more than worth it. I suppose seeing all of the people and getting to hear the snippets of their conversations gets me excited. I especially enjoy overhearing spanish conversations.
No, it isn't eaves dropping; it isn't my fault they don't know I speak spanish... ha. No but seriously, there is something to be said about several different cultures all interacting with each other at the same time and through different cultural perspectives and languages.
Plus on this trip I get to see all of the asians with thier own specific cultures and habits. Sure, I get some funny looks in the airport, but I think I am watching them more closely than vice-a-versa. Spend enough time around them and you will get to see their individual differences.. and it is fascinating!
So, the group finally got to the airport in Taipei. No one lost anything and we all found our guides from the university. They by the way have been really helpful, especially to some people in our group who don't speak Mandarin very well. I can already tell it is going to be one heck of a good time here.
We have all gotten cleaned up, and at least I don't feel like a bum. After a 22 hour flight schedule, I have to say: Thank God for Shampoo!!
Oh what a shower does for those long plane rides. Makes you feel like a human again. Glad to see you made it there safely. Post some pics as soon as you have time. Dad
ReplyDeleteLove you, glad you are there and having fun already, keep the blog going, and I agreed there is not eaves dropping in public places, people talk loud enough for anyone to hear. Love you Drew, Lindsay, and Noah
ReplyDelete