So, have I mentioned that the Student assistants at our University are amazing, because they are. They have showed us around a lot and have really taken us to some really cool places.
Speaking of which, may I present to you some very interesting pics from a restaurant that we went to. It was an Italian restaurant in Taiwan that was really good, go figure. I had the oyster alfredo with pesto sauce. Killer!!!
To the left we have Stella who is very sweet and likes to smile a lot. To the right we have Simon who knows a lot and gets asked a ton of language questions by yours truly. I am sure I have asked him more than 30 a day, but he is very patient and really likes being with us. In fact we share a bit, sometimes I get to help him with some finer English grammar points.
Sidenote: Elevators in Asia try to eat you. More than one of us has had these people-eaters close on us. I think we just turn it into a game. This is part of the crew. We have, from L to R: Stephanie, Rob (picking his nose apparently), Tiffany, Daniel (he's Crazy), and Me. We live on the tenth floor and have some pretty stinky elevator rides together.
After a romping day in Taipei, part of the crew and I went to this Carrefour in SanXia ( which is technically where our university campus is). I freaking love Asian super markets!! Everything is really cheap and really fresh. I am talking fresh Salmon, fruit, kimchi... you name it. *See side note #2 * By the way though I am sure you realize that Taiwan might be cheap, it turns out it is way cheaper than that. You can get a book, haircut, or cavity-filled each for around 3 bucks. Ergo I am the new owner of some nice Chinese literature. These next 5 weeks should be some kind of fun.
Sidenote #2: This is what we call HeiRen Toothpaste. It literally means Black Man Toothpaste. I think the asians just really like their smiles. If you get a chance look up the you tube video... it is the strangest thing you have every seen. Oh, they do in fact have White Man mouth wash. It is a world experience around here...haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment