Sunday, February 20, 2011

I am bound... for Beijing


Hello again. And welcome to Round 2 of my travel blog. This time I am part of the MSU BIT exchange program for the spring 2011 semester. That means that I am going to Beijing, China for the next five months. I will be a fully enrolled student in the business center of BIT or 北京理工大学 (The Beijing Institute of Technology). The Spring semesters in China lasts from early March to early July; that means that I will have a full class-load and a lot of opportunities to meet people.

As of now I am busy packing everything I can think of to get my bags ready for the trip. It wouldn't be so bad if I could have enough foresight to know what I will be needing in June. Even so, I am pretty excited to have the opportunity. It turns out that I am one of the two students going to BIT from MSU. Charlie (the other student from MSU) and I are the first students in this new exchange program. Needless, to say this means that there are bound to be some funny stories on this blog later on. We both know a moderate amount of Mandarin (Chinese), but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

So, logistically I leave Tuesday the 22nd and arrive in Beijing on the 24th via Los Angeles, CA and Inchon, South Korea. I am actually looking forward to the flight. It seems I have a thing for trans-oceanic flights where all I have to do is read and watch movies. The flights aren't so bad if you look at them that way I guess. Plus, all the free time will give me plenty of opportunity to think about all the stuff I need to do on my arrival.

I hope you guys are able to tune into this blog once in a while. I'll update as needed, and I'll definitely respond to any comments/requests you guys leave. I look forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment